The work that ODA is most well known for is “diving on debris,” but there is a great deal that happens behind the scenes to make our ocean clean-up work possible—and all of it is important.
Volunteer Dockside (In Port)
Our vessel is currently berthed in San Pedro, CA. Maintaining a boat is a never-ending series of projects and activities, so if you love to be outside and aren’t afraid of applying a little “elbow (and/or brain) grease” to your tasks, please fill out our Onshore Volunteer Application.
- Provide lunch/snacks for the crew
- Provide (non-alcoholic) beverages
- Sanding & chipping of old paint
- Metal work/fabrication
- Technical work:
- Diesel engine
- Electronic equipment
- Electrical systems
Help Us From Home
Here’s how you can help right from where you are:
- “Like” us on Facebook, share our postings, and encourage others to do the same
- Fundraise from home:
- Throw an ODA party
- Organize an ODA beach clean-up
- Fundraise at school:
- Do a report on ODA
- Hold a bake sale or car wash
- Give educational presentations
- Conduct Outreach at your local festivals/events
- Sign-up for our e-mail updates
- Donate items on our Wish List
- Help with Administrative work:
- Computer maintenance
- Online research
- Join our monthly giving program
How to Get Started
Outreach, Office, and Port:
If you are interested in doing any of the work listed above, manning an information table, giving presentations to schools/groups, and/or working on the boat in port – please fill out our Onshore Volunteer Application and send it to .
Volunteer Onshore Application Form
Fundraisers and School Projects:
To request materials (brochures, videos, presentations) for your school or fundraising project, please contact us at .
If you would like to join us on the boat (either in port or at sea), please visit our crew page and fill out an application today!