Mission - Vision - Values
Ocean Defenders Alliance works to clean and protect marine ecosystems through documentation, education, and meaningful action. Working with affected communities, we focus primarily on the reduction and removal of man-made debris which poses serious threats to ocean wildlife and habitats.
ODA envisions a world in which we educate communities and involve them in solutions that help ensure marine ecosystems can exist free from harm caused by human debris. Without abandoned fishing gear, trash, and improperly sunken vessels damaging their habitat, marine flora and fauna will be able to thrive.
- Clear Focus: We do not compromise our mission, yet strive to remain flexible and open to new ideas.
- High Personal Standards: We operate from a foundation of integrity, respect, and honesty, and expect the same of others.
- Value Relationships: We genuinely appreciate participation in and support of ODA's mission by our allies.
- Continuous Improvement: To maximize our efforts, we continually evaluate our methods, seek opportunities to learn, adapt as needed, and otherwise strive to better ourselves.
- Open Communication: In all relationships, we endeavor to share communications frequently, truthfully, in a timely manner, and from the heart.
- Intelligent Planning: To best facilitate our mission, we act strategically - with forethought, diligence, and comprehensive analysis.
- Inspire and Empower: With actions and through education, we raise awareness and motivate others to participate in making ODA's vision a reality.
- Seek Collaboration: We recognize the value of diversity and seek to enhance our mission by including a broad cross-section of individuals, nonprofits, businesses, and government agencies.