Our upcoming activities for you to consider:
Big Island #1
- What: Honokohau Harbor Cleanup
- Date: Saturday, February 25th
- Time: 9am to noon
- Type: Both scuba divers and shore support volunteers needed!
- gloves and cutting tool
- scuba gear not provided
- tank rental free with rsvp
- Email to RSVP: email@example.com
Big Island #2
- What: Kurt Lieber Presentation & Dive Club Gathering
- When: February 28th 5PM
- Where: Kohala Divers, 61-3665 Akoni Pule Hwy Kamuela Hi 96743
- Who: All Kohala Coast Dive Club Divers and those interested in joining
- Included: Light snacks and a cooler of beverages (feel free to BYOB if you like)
- What: Hear a short presentation by Kurt on the efforts of Ocean Defenders and our mission for debris-free seas. Learn about what has been accomplished so far and how you can take part in future projects in Kohala's area.
- RSVP: Please visit Kohala Coast Dive Club to join this event.
Questions on Big Island events: Email Hawai’i Island Chapter Leader Sarah Milisen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: Presentation by ODA Founder Kurt Lieber
- Date: March 9th
- Time: 6:00 to 7:30 pm
- Where: Pacific Whale Foundation, 300 Maalaea Rd, Suite 211, Wailuku, HI 96793
- Details: Open to the public
- What: At-sea cleanup, Kihei area - BOAT IS FULL
- When: March 12th
- Stay informed: If you'd like to be added to a list to be notified when new opportunities arise, please email: email@example.com
Questions on Maui events: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What: He'eia Pier Cleanup
- Date: Sunday, March 5th
- Time: Start at 7:30am
- Type: Need people on the pier and divers.
- Divers: Everyone must bring their own gear and sign a waiver at our booth. If you're unloading dive gear, you can park temporarily at the end of the dock next to the Harbor Master's office; please unload and then move your vehicle to the parking lot.
- Please bring: gloves, hat, sunscreen, & water.
- Address: 46-499 Kamehameha Hwy, Kaneohe, HI 96744
- RSVP: Please email Marjorie to let her know you'll be participating at email@example.com
- What: At-Sea Debris Removal with ODA Partner Island Divers Hawaii (IDH)
- Date: Sunday, March 19th
- Time: 2:00pm
- Type: Divers only (Rescue certified)
- Description: IDH hosts our ODA boat cleanup out of Hawai’i Kai. The focus is cleaning up fishing line, lead fishing weights, and other debris that collects along sea walls and on corals.
- Address: 377 Keahole St., Suite E-101, Honolulu, HI 96825
- Cost: $10.00
- Contact: There are limited spots on the boat. To sign up, visit the IDH-ODA Events page.
Questions on Oahu events: Email Oahu Volunteer Coordinator Marjorie Zensen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're interested in volunteering, but haven't participated with us yet, please visit our Volunteer Overview page and fill out an application.
If you have any questions about these activities, please email our ODA-Hawai'i Team.
Thank you! Let's clean the oceans together!